YES, Milk of Magnesia as in the laxative! This is a God-send for those who are SUPER oily- I don’t say this lightly because this is serious oil-control. If you experience mid-day shine before mid-day even rolls around, this is the solution for you. I recommend the Original Flavor of Phillips' Milk of Magnesia. Unless you’re also using this for its intended purpose, I would buy the smallest size available because a little of this stuff goes a loooong way. Milk of Magnesia can be used 2 ways:
As a daily serum:
- Shake bottle and lightly soak a cotton ball with the solution.
- Lightly swipe cotton ball on face, concentrating only on oily areas.
- Apply moisturizer and/or cosmetics as usual.
As a weekly mask:
- Shake bottle and carefully pour a small amount of the solution in the cupped palm of your hand.
- Using your other hand, liberally apply the solution to face, concentrating on oily areas.
- Leave on for 10-15 minutes. Rinse clean.
- Repeat 1-2 times per week.
When you use it as a serum, keep in mind that the solution does dry white. It will look chalky if you apply too much. Using a light moisturizer, spf and/or foundation should take care of that issue. If you feel that you’ve O.D.ed on the serum, rinse lightly with water, pat dry and proceed with moisturizer/foundation. There will be enough serum left on the face even after a light rinse. A few trial & errors may be required to figure out your happy medium.
When you use it as a mask, feel free to apply more than you would as a serum. The tightening effect is almost immediate and it really works to draw out excess oils and impurities. Try dabbing it on a popped zit overnight, it’ll help calm the inflammation and bring down the swelling.
Like many things recommend on Brilliant Farmgirl, this is extremely effective yet gentle on the skin. The solution is made to be safe for internal usage and it beats all oil-control lotions out there by a long mile!