Farmgirl Beauty Secret #137: Use a clay-based cleanser to wash face in the morning to draw out embedded impurities. ~ Brilliant Farmgirl's Beauty Secrets™
Brilliant Farmgirl's Beauty Secrets

8/24/10

Farmgirl Beauty Secret #137: Use a clay-based cleanser to wash face in the morning to draw out embedded impurities.

If you're looking to declare war on your clogged pores, let this be your battle plan. Take advantage of the relaxed state your pores are in when you first awake and sneak in a deep cleanse with a clay-based cleanser! You may have noticed that your pores tend to appear larger after sleep or a nap. Your pores are relaxed at this time so you can have access to the yucky buildup and impurities in the pores if you take the right steps. Instead of using your regular foaming cleanser in the morning, wash face with a clay-based cleanser to draw out the bad guys. Read on to learn how I use clay-based cleansers to decongest my pores in the morning.

I’ve been implementing this method for the last month and found 2 clay-based cleansers I like. The first is the Bioelements All Things Pure Cleanser that was provided by Bioelements. This cleanser can be used on all skin types and it will be especially appreciated by people with dry and dehydrated skin who also suffers from large/congested pores. The secret is in the milky texture: they combined clay with skin-nourishing emollients so it doesn’t have the typical chalky feel many clay products have. Believe it or not, the jojoba oil in this product will actually aid the betonite clay in drawing out the impurities. This also has a very pleasing fragrance-free type of scent that reminds me of oatmeal and almond milk. The mild coconut-derived cleansing ingredient leaves skin very clean and supple.

How I use Bioelements All Things Pure Cleanser: Right when I wake up, I massage this cleanser onto a dry face (still shiny and oily from a night’s rest). I proceed to brush my teeth so this cleanser is left undisturbed for about 2-3 minutes. Finally, I rinse my skin with lukewarm water and finish with a splash of cool water. I immediately follow with my appropriate Garden of Wisdom serum.




















Another winner I found is the Auromere Rejuvenating Mud Bath & Mask provided by Auromere. This is a powder form clay mask that contains more than just clay. If you look at the ingredients, you’ll find lots of botanical extracts that are used in Ayurvedic skincare, which is part of the highly regarded Indian traditional medicine practice. I use this head-to-toe: it doubles as a shampoo in a pinch and I also apply this mud all over my body when I take a bath (it can get messy so rinse thoroughly!). I use this when my skin is misbehaving and breaking out. It leaves my skin baby soft and calm.
How I use Auromere Rejuvenating Mud Bath & Mask: After brushing my teeth, I splash some warm water on my face. I mix a small-spoon full of the powder mask with some tap water to form a very wet paste (spoon is included). I apply the paste onto face, massaging ever so slightly. It’s important that the paste doesn’t get too dry on the skin, I rewet the paste simply by applying a bit more water. After light massaging, rinse paste of with lukewarm water and finish with a splash of cool water. I immediately follow with my appropriate Garden of Wisdom serum.


















If you want to try the clay cleansing method with something you already own, try mixing equal parts of clay mask and cleansing oil or cleanser milk. It is best if the cleanser contains natural oils and NO silicones, which lots of cleansing milks and cleansing oils have.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool, thanks! does the mud mask stain the sink?

Alma said...

Hi, I'll try this trick tomorrow!

*Alma*

Brilliant Farmgirl's Beauty Secrets™ said...

Hi there,
No, it doesn't stain but it will cling a bit. A quick wipe down will do the trick ;)

Alma,
Let me know how it works out for you!

Farmgirl

Dee O. said...

AMAZING POST!!! And very enlightening, I had heard good thins about using clay but now I will definitely use it because of the commentary you gave :) Great blog too!


You should check out my friends makeup blog that she just started!

http://individualbeauty.blogspot.com/

Oh to Be a Muse said...

can i find the bioelements in stores? that sounds like a great product. they both do!

http://www.ohtobeamuse.com

Brilliant Farmgirl's Beauty Secrets™ said...

Hi Cheryl,

You can find it through the links above and at bioelements.com :)

Farmgirl