About my skin. ~ Brilliant Farmgirl's Beauty Secrets™
Brilliant Farmgirl's Beauty Secrets

5/25/09

About my skin.

My skincare knowledge, collected over the past 10 years, saved my skin. For those that knew me 8, 9 years ago, they probably never saw how severely bad my skin was because I was constantly covering it up: make-up, hair, paper bag, etc. Acne had been a 4-letter word for me since freshmen year in high school and it plagued me to the end of college.

My break-outs were far from conventional. Pimples and blackheads of all sorts were surfacing on a weekly basis, each of them leaving acne scars that marked me for years. Beyond that, I had terribly dehydrated yet oily skin that was also lobster-red due to Rosacea. What really got me down were the hundreds of bumpy whiteheads that literally cast shadows on my forehead and cheeks. I didn’t have the thick, tough skin that many acne-sufferers had, my skin was hyper-sensitive and I constantly break my skin just from scratching my skin on accident. I was meticulously clean, I washed my pillowcases and makeup brushes daily, wiped my cellphone down w/ alcohol after usage and NEVER allowed anything to touch my face unless it was also meticulously clean. I was obsessed because caring for my skin was next to impossible.

Fast forward to now, my skin is clear and healthy. No one would suspect that I went through the skin disaster described above and I intend on keeping it that way. I also have way too much knowledge on skincare to not do something with it! I would love for my knowledge to help people survive through bad skin so they can get on with life. Might not sound like a big deal to people with “normal” skin but most of us know better!

Anyways, it’s about time I get off my soapbox so we can move on to the important stuff.

2 comments:

Monika @ RocailleWrites said...

Your experience is so close to mine, I actually dread leaving the house without at least concealer on because of my bad skin :( I've just read about your youghurt pack method, I have to try it! Thanks for sharing your tips, they're truly amazing. xxx

Brilliant Farmgirl's Beauty Secrets™ said...

Hi Rocaille,

Thank you so much! It really means so much to me that I'm helping people with my tips. Please let me know how they work out for you! You have a beautiful name by the way :D

Farmgirl

June 26, 2009