Farmgirl Beauty Secret #82: Use a *waterless* body moisturizer on damp skin after shower. ~ Brilliant Farmgirl's Beauty Secrets™
Brilliant Farmgirl's Beauty Secrets

9/7/10

Farmgirl Beauty Secret #82: Use a *waterless* body moisturizer on damp skin after shower.

We’ve all heard that the best time to moisturize is right after you step out of the shower. The concept of sealing moisture into your skin doesn’t really work unless you use the correct type of body moisturizer. Most body lotions are made of over 50% water, deeming it ineffective when it comes to “trapping” the water that’s already on your skin. Not to mention the complicated fillers used in traditional body moisturizer can be very pore-clogging, making it particularly disastrous for bacne and body blemishes.

What to look for: A waterless body moisturizer with simple ingredients would be most ideal for post-shower moisturization. Since I’m quite acne-prone on my face, I’m very careful about the ingredients in my body products (we’ve all accidently touched our faces when we have lotion on our hands- this can lead to breakouts!).

My absolute favorite solid moisturizer is Honey House Naturals Bee Bar sent to me by Honey House Naturals. The ingredients for these buttery smooth lotion bars are extremely nourishing yet clean, which makes it my ideal post-shower moisturizer. For those who like to smell pretty (I do, I do!), it comes in 4 scents that are all naturally derived. No synthetic fragrances here- just yummy Vanilla, Lavender, Natural (subtle beeswax scent) and Hawaiian (I smell Pineapple + Kings Hawaiian Bread!). This has a bigger surface area than other stick moisturizers, making it easy to apply to my entire body. The gorgeous tin case it comes with is perfect for storage. They even have a baby-size tin that would be perfect for handbags and travel.


9 comments:

Casee Marie said...

What a wonderful post! Thanks so much for your great insight. I've never considered a "waterless" moisturizer, but it's certainly something I'll look into!

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

Interesting...

Anonymous said...

I use sweet almond oil after every shower for the same reason, but I have the mini Bee Bar in my purse for my cuticles. It smells super yummy. I'll have to check out the Hawaiian and vanilla scents. Delicious!

Brilliant Farmgirl's Beauty Secrets™ said...

Hi ladies,

I'm so glad you guys like this tip!

Kendra, oils work wonderfully as well :D I love to apply oils on my face.

Farmgirl

Kristie said...

This is a great idea. Thanks for sharing the body moisturizing secret.

Brilliant Farmgirl's Beauty Secrets™ said...

Anytime, Kristie!

Farmgirl

Anonymous said...

luv this tip!

brooke said...

Great ideas for Maids of honor or mog or mob..

Brooke
http://www.momentsofelegance.com

Leanne said...

Waterless Moisturisers are also the most natural you can get. Leave the water out and you can leave out the anti-mirobial agent (eg parabens). Products that claim to be paraben free have to use something just as bad if they contain water. I use a water free moisturiser from a company called Lyonsleaf - it's fabulous and I do use it after my bath.